Our spirited shell-covered friends need help! Shelters, foster homes, wildlife rehabilitation centers and other organizations that rescue turtles need all the supplies we can provide!
Why might a turtle end up in a rescue?
- Turtles can become seriously injured in the wild. From eating litter, getting caught in it, or being injured by another animal. Like other wildlife, turtles can be harmed from natural disasters. Crossing the road is also a huge danger! Many turtles will have their shells crushed and need help right away. When these things happen, turtles often need to go to rescues to have any chance of surviving.
- Domestic turtles are often surrendered to shelters if the owner doesn't have the time or the means to take care of the turtle. Tragically, sometimes turtles are even set loose in the wild by owners who no longer want them. These turtles often struggle to survive and do not make it, if rescue groups don't make it to them in time.
When a turtle enters a rescue or shelter, the organization is focused on providing vital necessities such as shelter, heat and medical assistance. As a result, there often isn't much funding available for resources that could make a turtle more comfortable while they wait for the next step in their journey, whether that is healing and being returned to the wild or awaiting adoption into a forever home.
How to Help:
By sending supplies you are helping injured, abandoned or sick turtles in need. Each kit makes life more comfortable and engaging for a rescued turtle!
Mini: This kit includes a blanket to help safely transport rescued baby turtles and comfort cold-stunned turtles. You'll send a turtle treat bone - a fun treat for the turtle - as well. These treats provide an excellent source of calcium and the rough, edible surface of the bone helps prevent overgrown beaks.
Mega: With this kit, you'll send a blanket to help transport turtles from place to place. You'll also send turf to use in a tank or an outdoor enclosure. The soft, absorbent non-abrasive turf carpet acts as a protective layer for turtles as they wander about their habitat. It's also easy to wash, ensuring that the turtles are living in a clean environment. Since it cannot be accidentally ingested, it's safe too! Finally, the kit also includes a ramp bowl, which allows the turtle to easily access food or water. These bowls have a natural look so they can blend in with the turtle's habitat.
Deluxe: This package includes everything in the Mega kit which includes a blanket, a turtle treat bone, a ramp food bowl and several other goodies! By choosing the Deluxe kit, you'll send a 10-pound bag of large turtle pebbles, which help create a natural looking habitat in a tank or outdoor enclosure. These smooth pebbles ensure the turtles have a safe habitat to call home. You'll also provide turtle food to help relieve some of the financial burden on shelters and rescues working hard to save our shell-backed friends.
Do even more good by subscribing and giving every month to help turtles!
Other important information:
- You will not receive a shipment from this purchase. We will facilitate the donation directly with qualifying organizations your behalf.
- You will be charged all required taxes for your location. Save your receipt and consult your tax professional to determine if you're able to claim this purchase as a tax-deductible donation expense.
GreaterGood has ultimate authority and discretion with regard to the distribution of Benefit Buy contributions based upon what the receiving organization needs the most. We will always contribute products of equal or greater value. Contributions may be distributed as cash or may be used to help other charity partners depending on the greatest need.
- GreaterGood is proud to help provide this opportunity to support animals in need. We are 20 Years Strong, and we couldn't have done it without your support--thank you!
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Turtles are THE BEST! I wish I could donate more and more often, but I'm happy to know that all the proceeds go directly to the cause. I will be donating again in the future.